Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The writer's story


" You should wake up and clean yourself especially your private part, or else you will feel itchy, it's gonna be very uncomfortable."

" Come I lend you my May soap, it's very good and soothing, but make sure that you clean it nicely before you return it back to me."

" Do you have coffee, I need some coffee, can you give me, I promise my mummy will pay you when she comes... please?"

After talking to her friends around the ward, she went back and knelt down at her bedside, hands over her Bible and cried to GOD," GOD I can't marry with Peter as he didn't protect me when my parents abused me, oh LORD, though I love him so much, but I just can't accept the truth that he actually neglected me!!!"
The next minute, she stood up and wandered around again, minding others' business, and looking for food....

Her name is Mimi, tall lady with curly hair, good hygiene, seemed to be very normal to me outwardly. After reading her records, I get to know that she is having Bipolar disorder, which is a kind of psychotic disease with both mania and depression at different time.

As I spent my time with her talking, eating, playing games and exercising, I gradually learn about her stories. She said she's a writer, in fact, her English is pretty good, she reads a lot, and she is quite knowledgeable. Growing in a broken family background causes her to have different perspectives to life. She was reluctant to share more about her past, it made her cry as what she told me.

She reads Bible everyday, drawing lines and put up highlights to important verses which she thought that's gonna help her, which I sometimes fail to do at home. As a result, it made me reflect on myself, she is a psychiatric patient, how come she is having such faith? GOD is there...

Mimi is always helpful to her friends, and will give whatever she has to her friends if being asked to do so. As a psychiatric patient, they don't get much things with them, yet she still can give with what she has freely. It struck me and made me wonder ," Have I ever given anybody things so freely?"

Despite of her disease, she still live as normal as she can, though she appeared to be kinda abnormal once in a while, but she is a person with integrity, and can reason well in certain situation. She is always smiling and is very confident with herself.

Till today I still don't understand how did she end up in the psychiatric ward, she may be a successful person out there if she is not ill. I used to ask myself why they end up here, stress? Broken relationship?

Regardless of out problems, as what Mimi told me, live well and smile like a sunflower always...
She made me stronger when life seems to be too hard to bear ~
Thanks Mimi, and may GOD heal her!


No comments:

Post a Comment